Type of Pages on Facebook
What are the types of Facebook pages and which category is right for your business?
In the process of starting a Facebook page for your business or company, many get stuck when it comes to selecting the right Facebook page type, let alone choosing from the long list of page categories!
The good news is you can change your page type later if you get it wrong, but getting it right from the start will mean Facebook automatically gives your business the most relevant information page to complete.
There are 6 Facebook page types.The Facebook business page types are:
- Local Business or Place – This Page type is for businesses that are a local, open-to-the-public type of business.
- Company Organization or Institution – This Page type is a company that isn’t necessarily open to the public the way a local business would be.
- Brand or Product – If you sell an actual physical product, this is the Page type to consider. Facebook offers many categories: cars, clothing, computers, pet supplies, and a generic product/service category.
- Artist, Band or Public Figure – if you’re a band or artist, this type is the one to choose, but this Page type also includes politicians, business people, chefs, dancers, and actors. You may think that the actor category would be in Entertainment, but it isn’t! It is under the Artist, Band or Public Figure type.
- Entertainment – If you have a TV show or a magazine, or are creating a Page just for your music CD, select this Page type.
- Cause or Community – This Page type is for if the supporting of specific issues and campaigns.