If you have just signed on as a client of ours, we are so happy that you chose us to manage your social media!
Before we begin working our magic, we need access to your pages. We’ve put together this step-by-step guide to help you through this process. If you need help along the way, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
- You will need to grant us access to your Facebook page (see further details below)
- We also need your Instagram login details to access your account
- If we are managing your LinkedIn page, we will require you to grant us access to your business page (see further details below)
Facebook Business Manager
Facebook rules have gotten stricter over the years, with business pages being monitored very closely. One of the important things to note is that each business has to have its own ad account for advertising. Don’t stress, we will still do all of your campaign management and updating, this only means that you need to create your own ad account which we can access.
So where to begin? Below we have a step-by-step guide of how to set it up. If you do struggle with this process or don’t have the time to create it, you can send us your Facebook login details, we would be happy to set it up for you!
Create Your Business Manager:
- Click on Create Account.
- Enter a name for your business, your name and work email address and click Next.
- Enter your business details and click Submit.
Add Your Business Page to Business Manager:
- When you are in the Business Manager, click on Business Settings.
- On the left-hand side, under the Accounts Tab, click on Pages.
- Click on Add a Page. Type in Your Business Page name and click Add Page.
Create an Ad Account in your Business Manager:
- When you are in Business Settings, on the left-hand side, click on Ad Accounts.
- Click on Add and select Create New Ad Account.
- Enter your company name as the Ad Account name.
- Change the currency option to ZAR – South African Rand.
- Select My Business.
- Grant yourself access by making sure your name and all options have been turned on.
- Now to add a payment method to your Ad Account, click the Ad Account you have created.
- On the right-hand side there should be an arrow, click on it and click View Payment Methods.
- Enter your card details and follow the instructions. (You may use a debit or credit card as a payment method)
Add The Social Lamb to your Business Manager:
- Go to Business Settings in your Business Manager.
- Under the Users tab on the left-hand side, click on People.
- Click Add and type in email@example.com
- Turn Admin Access on and click Next.
- Select your business page by typing in the name.
- Turn on Publish Content and Manage Page (all options should be turned on and blue) and press Next.
- Grant access to Ad Account (again, all should be on and blue).
- Send the invite to us.
- Sign into your Page Admin Centre.
- Click the Admin tools dropdown at the top, right-hand side of the page and select Manage Admins.
- Select Designated Admins on the left-hand side
- Type in the name of the person you would like to add as admin and click Save Changes.
We know this may be a lot, so don’t hesitate to call if you need our help!